Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Quinoa crepes

Letter # 5

Dear Blog,

"Appreciation"

When I lived in Massachusetts, I used to complain about the winter all the time. Snow is fun only for the first time. Then, it turns black and dirty. I didn't have a car cover, so it would get completely covered in inches and inches of snow. Every time after snowing, I would have to struggle for at least an hour to be able to move it by an inch. Then, driving is a pain and the car gets so unbelievably dirty.  Yes, I complained about everything. Not to mention, walking in the cold when I missed the bus from campus to home. I will however say, that I loved spring. I could see the snow line receding and the green grass underneath slowly reviving. I would watch new bright green leaves grow every day on the trees. It's beautiful. Then came summer and I started complaining again. It would rain almost 3-4 days a week. And you are sure nature doesn't love you when it particularly rains in the weekends. Autumn is definitely beautiful but I complained that the colorful leaves lasted so little time on the trees. Bottom line: I complained a lot. Now, I am in San Diego and it never snows, and it hardly rains. I got nothing to complain but I miss the green - the big pines, maple trees and the green fields. Here, we have the ocean. So, before I move someplace else, I will appreciate the ocean. I have seen numerous gorgeous sunsets and will see many more. Enjoy picnics and spend all day at the beach. I shall have no regrets ever!

"Learn to appreciate what you have before time makes you appreciate what you had"

Appreciative,
Smita

Sweet or Savory Quinoa Crepes




You can make these crepes sweet or savory. I have made these savory. These can be made sweet by adding sugar and served for breakfast with syrup.

You need (for about 12-15 crepes)

½ cup white quinoa
½ cup rice flour
¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
¼ cup chopped scallions
Salt and black pepper to taste



How I made these:

Soak the quinoa for 2-3 hours. Grind them to a smooth paste with the rice flour. Add water to make a pancake batter like consistency. Add you choice of herb (cilantro) and the scallions, salt and pepper and mix well.

Heat up a griddle on medium heat. When you griddle is ready, add just one or two drops of oil in the middle. With the help of a clean paper towel, spread that oil all around the griddle. The paper towel will soak most of the oil, but that is what makes these crepes healthy. DO NOT throw the paper towel away. Use it to wipe your griddle before pouring batter every time.

Use an ice-cream scoop to pour batter in the middle of the griddle. Use the bottom surface of the ice-cream scoop to slowly spread the batter in circular motion starting from the middle to make a thin crepe. If you find it difficult to spread, lower the heat, so that you get more time to spread before the batter cooks.

Cook the crepe for about  30s to a minute depending on how much heat you are using. When the bottom surface of the crepe is cooked, it will come off the surface cleanly when you flip it. Cook the other side for another minute or two.

Before you pour batter again for the next crepe, just wipe your griddle with the paper towel that soaked up that drop of oil in the beginning. Continue with the wipe, pour, flip with the rest of your batter.

These are so delicious, we enjoyed these with a squeeze of lemon!



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Amrita. You have a wonderful blog with great recipes :)

      Delete
    2. Please Read
      Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading the Crypto market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran, he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $5000.00 and got back $50,500.00 within 5 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge.
      If you are new to cryptocurrency. You can reach to him through Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM or his WhatsApp : +1424(285)-0682
      ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. this recipe is a fail!!!! it doesnt work at ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried these quinoa crepes but it looks yummy and recipe is easy to make as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, are you looking for the best amazon products with their quality rating? Don’t worry Review Zila brings 100% genuine ratings with their authentic reviews. We have a collection of hundreds of top and best selling amazon products that will help you for purchasing. Visit now!
    top selling amazon products

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Blog!
    Investing on the cryptocurrency market has been a main source of income, that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity, you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information, and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals, assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly in cryptocurrency(bitcoin) investment,just get in contact with Mr Bernie Doran my broker. I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and never getting my lost funds back, till i met with him, with his help and guidance now i have my lost funds back to my bank account, gained more profit and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!!
    Reach out to him on Gmail (BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM) , Telegram: @bernie_fx or his WhatsApp : +1(424)285-0682 for inquiries
    ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿ“Š

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well explained receipe and easy to make if you're looking to buy any of the whole spices from kerala check this website for best offers with free shipping accross India.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, Thoughts, Suggestions and Requests: